Plomin, a small town overlooking the Plomin Bay, the town with deep roots in the past. In Roman times Fianona was inhabited and prosperous.
The town proudly keeps partially preserved city wall from 13th century, and fortifications built later,between 14th and 17th ct. Do not miss visiting
this town and enjoy the views it offers. The Parish church of Blessed Virgin Mary of the late Gothic period, is situated near the town. This church is also
known as St. George Junior, from 1474, with carved golden altar from 17th ct. Its treasure is best illustrated by artistic wood carvings, liturgical silverware, other artifacts made of silver or gold plated as well as by the late Gothic fresco depicting our Lady of Sustenance by Albert of Constanz on the Boden Lake. On the town border, overlooking the Plomin Bay, 11th century Church of Saint George Senior is located. Southern wall of the church contains one of the jewels of Croatian culture in this area, a carving from 11th - 13th century, with Glagolitic inscription. End of May is the season for Istrian bluebell (Campanula Istriaca Feer), an endemic species with beautiful purple-blue bell shaped flowers. This flower can be found on church walls, on fronts and balconies of its buildings, by the windows and gates of this town, turning the walls into hanging gardens.