Raša is the youngest town in Istra. On the personal initiative of Mussolini, the town construction started in the middle of 1936.The story of Raša is tied to the beginning of coalmining in Labin County, in the last decade of 18thcentury. A well indented coastline of the Raša Bay includes many beaches and coves located by the crystal and pure sea.The town square is complemented by St.Barbara church, the patron of all miners .The church itself is shaped like an upturned coal-mine cart, while the church tower reminds of a coal mine lamp. Church arcades resemble coal mine galleries as well.
The village of Skitača is the highest point in this area. From there you can see the entire Kvarner Bay.St. Lucia church, built in 1616 is located next to the cemetery. According to the legend, St. Lucia begged the people of Skitača to construct a church in this beautiful locality. However, they refused,stating that a nice church was already under construction in Venice. She was disappointed, went to the highest point and started crying. Doing so, she went to sleep and next morning she took some water from the nearby hole and washed herself. Since then, that water is considered consecrated.Believing that the water is miraculous, people from all over Istra come to pilgrim this Skitača hill, washing their eyes with the water and hoping it may return their sight.